Correct Way To Cook Toast

Use a parchment Toasterbag, there made by a UK company, you can use the bags 50 times, I use mine once as I do toasted cheese sandwiches with mine and sometimes a but of cheese will stick to the bag, but they work great in a toaster, or a toaster oven too.

The best toast was always done over an open coal fire.

Have to agree with that.

When I was a child ( back in the early 60's ) we use to use a toasting fork and stick a thick slice of bread from an uncut loaf on the end and toast it over the open coal fire, put plenty

of butter on so it soaked into the bread.......marvellous !

::

It would, but it's only a picture of a well toasted toast. I hoped it was a 'Fanny Cradock' deal with instruction on the toast making method :(

:hihi: Couldn't find any recipes for you, but remembered that funny old Toast song.

Cool! Or warm . . .

Is it a trick and clever timing to gain the best looking toast? Like hand movement and eye REM?

No - a good toasting fork with a long handle - hold the bread about 6 inches from the fire (avoiding the smoke) and check progress regularly.

Haven't had toast made this way for the best part of 40 years :(

Use a parchment Toasterbag, there made by a UK company, you can use the bags 50 times, I use mine once as I do toasted cheese sandwiches with mine and sometimes a but of cheese will stick to the bag, but they work great in a toaster, or a toaster oven too.

Thank you. I think I've seen these's babies on a shopping channel. But my toaster a budget one and sparks when I flick the switch - sometimes resulting in a electric shock to my bonce :(

Archived