Correct Way To Cook Toast

No - a good toasting fork with a long handle - hold the bread about 6 inches from the fire (avoiding the smoke) and check progress regularly.

Haven't had toast made this way for the best part of 40 years :(

I only have a shovel :(

When i toast bread under a lekky grill,it always turns out hard.

When i toast bread under a gas grill it's lovely and soft.

Can't understand why???

It is a promble for sure wayne. The electric ug semi conducters give a wave of volts or something. Gas is a natural flame - hence the coal fire treatment works' the best. I don't have a coal fire though.

It is a promble for sure wayne. The electric ug semi conducters give a wave of volts or something. Gas is a natural flame - hence the coal fire treatment works' the best. I don't have a coal fire though.

I suppose you could just warm your teeth up,and eat cold buttered bread.

Should give the toasted effect.:cool:

No - a good toasting fork with a long handle - hold the bread about 6 inches from the fire (avoiding the smoke) and check progress regularly.

Haven't had toast made this way for the best part of 40 years :(

Yes I've still got my mothers old toasting fork. We cleaned it up to find it was a walker & halls silver toasting fork...decoration now.

Yes I've still got my mothers old toasting fork. We cleaned it up to find it was a walker & halls silver toasting fork...decoration now.

My toast always jumps out of the thing that burns it and lands on the kitchen floor.(does bread have feelings?)I have now spread butter all over the kitchen floor. so problem solved,unfortunately I cannot afford marmalade as I have spent all my pension on vodka and bingo.

The best toast was always done over an open coal fire.

If you don't have an open fire, simply place a slice of bread onto a fork and hold it above a lighter. You can create such pretty pictures in the bread :) Unfortunately it takes 4 and a half months to make one slice of toast, but your artistic side will be more than satisfied :)

Archived