Carry On Hand Luggage..

What are the latest guidelines for taking liquids in carry on luggage with Ryanair, having not flown for a few years I'm a little out of sync.

I know you have to put smaller quanities of toiletries (100ml and under?) in a certain sized ziplock bag (what size and where can I buy one?), what toiletries does this apply to?

Help please.

I always find the hand luggage issues on budget lines amusing, I will pay extra for hold luggage, but it is amusing watching the cheap skates trying to cram everything they need for a holiday in carry on luggage, then fighting over overhead locker spaces.

You can get these at the airport just before you go through security, I think they are £1 or something like that and it applies to all liquids and powders as far as i am aware. (I took an eyeshadow in a little pot and some lipstick and was made to put it in the clear bag).

I always find the hand luggage issues on budget lines amusing, I will pay extra for hold luggage, but it is amusing watching the cheap skates trying to cram everything they need for a holiday in carry on luggage, then fighting over overhead locker spaces.

I'm not a cheapskate, I'm away on business for a few days so dont want the extra cost and time of booking a bag in the hold, I can easily get what I need to take in a cabin bag.

Why does a clear polythene bag make any substance safer to take on a plane?.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the government now making a fortune selling them at extortionate prices at airport checkpoints.

By the way it's nothing to do with Ryanair or any other airline, I am all for the security measures to make it safer for travellers but this is a money making gimmick.

Archived