Carry On Hand Luggage..

I never understand why so many people have to take so much hand luggage on a flight.

when the flight is like 12 hours, it's kind of handy to have stuff like books to read as not everybody finds staring at a small screen for hours and watching some crappy movie especially entertaining.

Some airlines charge £50 per hold luggage so if your just going away for a few days it makes sense to take it on as hand luggage :)

I, for one, pack my hand luggage on the assumption that my luggage in the hold is going to go missing.

jb

If you do that, then expect to get searched and messed about, you have the option to check your luggage into the hold.

when the flight is like 12 hours, it's kind of handy to have stuff like books to read as not everybody finds staring at a small screen for hours and watching some crappy movie especially entertaining.

I stated, so many taking so much.

A little different to a novel or two.

If you do that, then expect to get searched and messed about, you have the option to check your luggage into the hold.

Doesn't bother me. I have one of these which is the perfect size for overhead compartments and allows me to neatly, and quickly pack/unpack a range of clothes and travel accessories.

Furthermore I like to plan for every eventuality, going without a change of clothes for the first few days of my holiday because my luggage has ended up in Timbuktu is not something I relish. I also pack all electrical goods and anything of value in my hand luggage as these are not often covered by travel insurance if stolen from luggage left in the hold.

jb

Doesn't bother me. I have one of these which is the perfect size for overhead compartments and allows me to neatly, and quickly pack/unpack a range of clothes and travel accessories.

Furthermore I like to plan for every eventuality, going without a change of clothes for the first few days of my holiday because my luggage has ended up in Timbuktu is not something I relish. I also pack all electrical goods and anything of value in my hand luggage as these are not often covered by travel insurance if stolen from luggage left in the hold.

jb

Maybe then, you can give the OP the info they are after.

Archived