Carry On Hand Luggage..

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf/Content/SecurityProcedure

Liquids

Passengers will be allowed to take liquids, gels and pastes of 100mls or less in their hand baggage. These items must be contained within a small, transparent re-sealable plastic bag, which will have to be removed from their hand baggage and x-rayed separately.

To save time and expense please come prepared with your own correct sized plastic bag, however you can purchase plastic bags in the terminals.

Plastic bags are sold in all Terminals with two bags available for £1, if you forget to bring your own. Plastic bag dispensers are conveniently located in multiple sites around check-in and security alongside coin change machines.

The new rules stipulate that the plastic bag must not exceed one litre capacity per passenger - that’s around half the size of a standard A4 piece of paper and it must be sealable. The bag can contain two or more items of less than 100mls/100g each but must not be cluttered to allow security officers to carry out thorough checks

What are the latest guidelines for taking liquids in carry on luggage with Ryanair, having not flown for a few years I'm a little out of sync.

I know you have to put smaller quanities of toiletries (100ml and under?) in a certain sized ziplock bag (what size and where can I buy one?), what toiletries does this apply to?

Help please.

Under 100ml in clear bag, over 100ml not allowed in hand luggage. Relates to everything liquid, gel, aerosol, wax, powder, paste

it also relates to food stuffs, like curries - anything a bit gooey. I had a pot of potato salad taken off me at Heathrow once.

there is also no international standard, or else level of enforcement can vary. I bought a bottle of rum from the Family Mart at Bangkok airport with the last of my Thai money, and they let me on board with it, in my hand luggage. But when I was getting on the Kuwait-London leg, I went through security again and this time they took it off me.

Archived