Why do they sell freshly cooked bread in those sort of perforated bags?

You have a habit of repeating yourself!

(Dinna Dinna Dinna) :hihi:

Its the bacon, mushroom, egg, sausage, tomato and spam sandwich I have just had on fresh bread.

;)

Alcoblobs on to something there.

I suggest PeteMorris to you another idea.

Slice off the crust and butter it.Then put the bottom part of the bread (2 loaves needed) in the microwave for a minute.Take them out and fit them snuggly to your feet.You can now walk about the house naked,eating your buttered crust,and wearing your warm snug LOAFERS! ARF ARF!

Sheer genius! You should get yourself onto Dragons Den. I'm sure misery guts Scots bloke (can't remember or spell his name) would pay millions for that idea.

Then when the heat has gone from them, and they start going a little bit stale inside. Exfoliating slippers!!!!...Pure genius! :love:

Sheer genius! You should get yourself onto Dragons Den. I'm sure misery guts Scots bloke (can't remember or spell his name) would pay millions for that idea.

Then when the heat has gone from them, and they start going a little bit stale inside. Exfoliating slippers!!!!...Pure genius! :love:

I think Duncan Bannatyes the YEAST likely to cough up some DOUGH!:D

This thread is tickling my ribs somewhat.

It is funny how I asked a perfectly reasonable question. That got answered pretty quickly and it's now morphed into a pun-fest. It is quite funny, and I know slightly off topic. But who cares? At least it hasn't descended into the usual bickering and slanging match that happens a lot on other threads!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

So now I'm fully educated as to why the fresh bread packaging is perforated, but what upsets me is why the ends of baguettes are not covered.

Many times I have wondered over to the fresh bread section to purchase a nice long baguette only to have to witness some old hag of questionable personal hygiene fingering every single exposed end of said baguettes, this in turn has caused me to have a standard loaf of second rate Kingsmill instead.

So now I'm fully educated as to why the fresh bread packaging is perforated, but what upsets me is why the ends of baguettes are not covered.

Many times I have wondered over to the fresh bread section to purchase a nice long baguette only to have to witness some old hag of questionable personal hygiene fingering every single exposed end of said baguettes, this in turn has caused me to have a standard loaf of second rate Kingsmill instead.

Thy don't even seal the bigger loaves either! It's definitely not hygenic, even if nobody was 'fingering' it. There's an unfortunate phrase if ever I heard it! :hihi:

No it doesn't, it goes stale quicker. (a scientific fact)

I'd like to debate that point but i'm not a scientist so i'll believe you - however in my experience it doesn't. Mass produced bread and proper bakery stuff lasts much longer in our fridge. I regularly have bread in the bread bin going mouldy within a couple of days of purchase. I do think this is due to our warm kitchen with worktops(breadbin) in front of windows.

Archived