Why do topics turn to chaos?

I blame the butterfly.

Indeed a spark of irrationality generated by the Ministry of Truth becomes a raging inferno by the time it is propelled through Sheffield's Gateway to cyberspace. :hihi:

The Chomsky-Schwarzschild effect if you will.

Being a 'well-informed' upstanding Sheff forummer.I always keep on topic,and never go off tangent.

What is wrong with some of you??

I will not say 'opines' because when Rampent gets out of bed at midnight,he will pm me frothing like a rabid dog..

I find it tends to turn sour when;

1. Somebody makes a claim, can't back it up, then can't bring themselves to admit they were wrong, still standing by their claim but refusing to back it up. Often they turn to insults or go off topic in a bid to divert from their sillyness.

or

2. People just have different opinions and refuse to consider anyone else's.

1. Somebody makes a claim, can't back it up, then can't bring themselves to admit they were wrong, still standing by their claim but refusing to back it up. Often they turn to insults or go off topic in a bid to divert from their sillyness.

or

Evidence please ... :D

Being a 'well-informed' upstanding Sheff forummer.I always keep on topic,and never go off tangent.

What is wrong with some of you??

I will not say 'opines' because when Rampent gets out of bed at midnight,he will pm me frothing like a rabid dog..

Not far of the mark! :hihi:

I suppose all of us have sometimes been guilty of going off topic.I've seen it on threads today where posts have wandered away from the thread title and OP subject,much to the annoyance of the OP probably.

When a thread starts to become a competition on statistics i get bored with it,others may find it more interesting then though.

Was it Mark Twain who said "There are lies,dammed lies,and statistics"

or

I have never seen anything like that on here, you must be thinking about another site maybe? ;)

Archived