Job interviews and ties.

Looking smart indicates that you've made the effort and therefore want the job. Another person in a hoodie, jeans and trainers may very well be better at the job, but what would the interviewer think when they walked through the door?

To my last interview I wore trousers, a nice blouse and a suit jacket and heels, didn't wear much makeup because I wanted to be taken seriously. It must have worked, because I got the job :D

Ronald will let you have a go on his one wheeled bike next week and you get to keep the big floppy red shoes and squirty flower too.

Looking smart indicates that you've made the effort and therefore want the job. Another person in a hoodie, jeans and trainers may very well be better at the job, but what would the interviewer think when they walked through the door?

I asked because i have in the past sat in on interviews,and being suited up has not always got the person the job.Even though suited person has been an excellent candidate.

I was thinking for myself a nice pair of trousers,with a similar suity jacket,and nice shirt,but no tie.

I will be wearing the above now with a tie.I'm going with the forummers majority.

For the positions that you have described I would go smart, but not ott. The interviewers should be more interested in you as a person than what you look like. Nobody wants a social worker to look like a banker. Come to think of it nobody wants anyone who looks remotely like a banker any more. They are not exactly the flavour of the month.

Most social workers are considered to be 'Merchant Bankers' from my neck of the woods !

Archived