Ask MID car Insurance check

i once got stopped a few years ago by the police, it was showing no insurance but i insured it over two weeks prior to getting stopped, luckily i was given a producer rather than the car being towed away.

I carry my insurance details in the car now, precisley because of that. The database that is used seems t be worryingly flakey at times it has to be said.

I carry my insurance details in the car now, precisley because of that. The database that is used seems t be worryingly flakey at times it has to be said.

I don't have any papers for my car insurance, if I need a print out I can just log onto my account at the insurance company or open the downloaded file.

Just having an insurance certificate might not be enough..it has been known for people to opt to pay monthly and then cancel/stop paying when they get the cert. in their hands... the police prefer to call the company directly I think if there's any doubt..

Just having an insurance certificate might not be enough..it has been known for people to opt to pay monthly and then cancel/stop paying when they get the cert. in their hands... the police prefer to call the company directly I think if there's any doubt..

It shouldnt in theory matter - if you have a valid certificate then the police don't really have any option but to accept that. There have even been cases when they police called the MIB and were told that it was not covered so the seized the vehicle. The owners promptly sued the police and won.

It shouldnt in theory matter - if you have a valid certificate then the police don't really have any option but to accept that. .

I suspect if the police have any doubt then they'll make further checks...it'd take about 5 mins to alter an out of date certificate and make it appear valid..if the database says no then they'll check with the ins. co.... paper certificate or not..

Archived