HSBC, drug money laundering

It seems to me, taking the long view, that a state & bank mediated system of capitalist economics is as much doomed to failure as state mediated collectivism. It's not the theory or ideology that's the problem, it's the inept, headless chicken factor that inevitably makes itself felt when large institutions try and do anything.

The "market" can only work if it is free. Unfortunately most people don't have the guts to liberate it, as they have irreversibly latched on to the state in a suckling position (I'm thinking of banks that were not allowed to fail, but were propped up by taxpayers).

i think we should have public enquires, so we can all see what has really being going on, as we are the tax payers then we can make informed decisions and take action from that point./QUOTE] what action do you think we could take ? and how would you implement it ?

i think we should have public enquires, so we can all see what has really being going on, as we are the tax payers then we can make informed decisions and take action from that point./QUOTE] what action do you think we could take ? and how would you implement it ?

If we could have a global financial "nuremburg" and have all the politicians, bankers & regulators up in the dock explaining their decisions, it would be a huge step forward.

Instead we have them lying, cheating and conniving supposedly with our best interests at heart.

What stupid comments.

They don't run your lives, you do.

If you ain't got the sense to be able to run your own lives then quite frankly your a waste of time.

you really dont understand how big business and money run politicians which run our lives then do you?

unless your a hermit who lives in a hole in the ground and doesnt buy anything, do anything, wear anything, go anywhere or see anybody else, they run aspects of your lives

you really dont understand how big business and money run politicians which run our lives then do you?

unless your a hermit who lives in a hole in the ground and doesnt buy anything, do anything, wear anything, go anywhere or see anybody else, they run aspects of your lives

They'd try charging you council tax probably ... did you get planning permission? :P I'm with you, whatever you decide to do or don't, there will be someone trying to get money from you.

Here we go again.

what action do you think we could take ? and how would you implement it ?

like i said earlier a public enquiry, we need all the politicians and bankers brought forward to answer for their actions.

and i would like a section of the enquiry open to the public's questions, so a few of us would be able to ask our own questions.

like i said earlier a public enquiry, we need all the politicians and bankers brought forward to answer for their actions.

and i would like a section of the enquiry open to the public's questions, so a few of us would be able to ask our own questions.

We will get our Public enquiry.....i see it like an EU referendum now, inevitable.

why am i naive ?, funny how you haven't responded to my questions but just tried to explain how banks work, which i already knew so wasted a post their.

of course morality should come into it, lead by example, we put them in those positions because we trusted them, and now we basically find out that the london underground attacks could have probably been avoided but by the looks of things we provided them with the bloody explosives to kill our own british people.

are you trying to say we should turn a blind eye and carry on funding terrorists and drug dealers ? you want the world to become an even worse place ? you do realise you and your family and future generations of your family have to live on this world, and your happy to keep on funding terrorist attacks ?????????

do you have any common sense at all or are you just to greedy to care ?

It's quite touching that you trust the banks and look them for moral guidance. Personally I'd no sooner do that than ask my local vicar for financial advice but each to their own.

Terror attacks are the fault of terrorists themselves, not the bank they happen to have an account with.

And terrorists pose no threat to my family. You may not have noticed but there hasn't actually been a significant terrorist attack since July 2005 - that's 7 years! And if there was another one it wouldn't take place in Sheffield.

Archived