Muslim traditional dress

Just being nosey. There is a restaurant on Attercliffe Common (Arooj), it seems to hold a lot of functions for Asians, this last weekend there have been hundreds of people down there, and I noticed all the males were wearing turquoise tunics and white trousers, is there any significance to this.

Just being nosey. There is a restaurant on Attercliffe Common (Arooj), it seems to hold a lot of functions for Asians, this last weekend there have been hundreds of people down there, and I noticed all the males were wearing turquoise tunics and white trousers, is there any significance to this.

I'd have called the fashion police

Perhaps, it could be something to do with their traditional way of celebrating weddings

I must say I really like Asian, particularly Indian, traditional dress, especially for the women, I think they look kind of exotic yet decent; sadly to few British women, outside of the nice middle class areas, have this kind of dignity.

Whilst I agree they look nice, our lass is not from a middle class area, and yet every-time we go out she look a million dollars. Didn't know we had nice middle class areas, I mean according to most; there is no class divide, your post suggests different.

Whilst I agree they look nice, our lass is not from a middle class area, and yet every-time we go out she look a million dollars. Didn't know we had nice middle class areas, I mean according to most; there is no class divide, your post suggests different.

I made sure that I worded my post carefully by saying "too few" English women, not all English women.

She looking over your shoulder,is she?:hihi:

Arooj isn't a restaurant it's a wedding/function venue for hire, what you saw was probably people attending a wedding or pre wedding ceremony.

The turquoise tunics and white trousers definetley need reporting to the fashion police. :hihi:

Archived