Muslim traditional dress

Just being nosey. There is a restaurant on Attercliffe Common (Arooj), it seems to hold a lot of functions for Asians, this last weekend there have been hundreds of people down there, and I noticed all the males were wearing turquoise tunics and white trousers, is there any significance to this.

The term muslim describes a religion not a nationality,and there is no code for dress.You are confusing Asian with muslim,as many would lump together Christian and British.

I must say I really like Asian, particularly Indian, traditional dress, especially for the women, I think they look kind of exotic yet decent; sadly to few British women, outside of the nice middle class areas, have this kind of dignity.

A sari worn properly looks great, but it only seems to work for Indian women. If you see a western woman attempting to wear a sari it never looks right so maybe it's something you have to grow up with.

When we married my ex husband's aunt who was half ceylonese wore a sari to our wedding, I watched her putting it on there were yards and yards of beautiful silk material. First of all she put on a plain top, a bit like a cropped tee shirt then she started with the silk sort of wrapping and pleating it all the time. She did it really quickly I would have had to start the week before if I was wearing one and she looked stunning.

The term muslim describes a religion not a nationality,and there is no code for dress.You are confusing Asian with muslim,as many would lump together Christian and British.

I never mentioned Muslim, they could have been seiks,(sp?) or hindus or buddhists for all I know, all I said was they were Asian.

I never mentioned Muslim, they could have been seiks,(sp?) or hindus or buddhists for all I know, all I said was they were Asian.
He's probably referring to your thread title ... :)

Bizarre how a thread about clothes worn by men suddenly changed to a diatribe about the dignity or lack thereof of (too few) British/English women. Surely mention of football shirts, shaven heads and long shorts, not to mention over exposed beer bellies would have been more appropriate given the topic? :D

Archived