How long for a broken tail bone to heal?

I broke my coccyx last week and am in agony with it, just wondering if any of you have ever done it and how long it takes before the pain goes? :help:

I broke mine donkeys years ago, and it still hurts now. You have to develop a way to sit, that doesn't aggrevate it. You have to make sure that when you sit, you don't put direct pressure onto it, cos it hurts like hell when you get up again!

I'm afraid in my experience, it never 'heals' as such. You just learn to live with it.

Sorry to be negative about it, but that's my expeience. :(

I broke mine donkeys years ago, and it still hurts now. You have to develop a way to sit, that doesn't aggrevate it. You have to make sure that when you sit, you don't put direct pressure onto it, cos it hurts like hell when you get up again!

I'm afraid in my experience, it never 'heals' as such. You just learn to live with it.

Sorry to be negative about it, but that's my expeience. :(

:( :( :( :(

I am quite an active person and do aggressive sports, does this mean the end of them??

Can you get it lopped off? Does it actually serve a function other than absorb the shock when you slip down the stairs?

I have no idea what they can do for them, the doctors just told me to take pain killers and wait it out :(

To top it all off..

I had a deep filling at the dentist last tuesday and now its hurting :(

I am the mardiest patient on the planet when it comes to pain and am hating having to sit on a rubber ring like an old lady lol

I have no idea what they can do for them, the doctors just told me to take pain killers and wait it out :(

To top it all off..

I am the mardiest patient on the planet when it comes to pain and am hating having to sit on a rubber ring like an old lady lol

Not really something to share on a public forum :hihi:

To top it all off..

I asked about mine, and pretty much there's nothing they can do with it. It's way too close to vital nerves, and I was told it would be highly dangerous to go anywhere near it.

The actual continuous pain does subside eventually, but you still end up 'sitting awkwardly'.

It's the little things like sitting up in bed. That really hurts me to this day, and I did it 20 years ago!

Happy soul I am eh? :suspect:

Archived