How long for a broken tail bone to heal?

I have no idea what they can do for them, the doctors just told me to take pain killers and wait it out :(

To top it all off..

I had a deep filling at the dentist last tuesday and now its hurting :(

I am the mardiest patient on the planet when it comes to pain and am hating having to sit on a rubber ring like an old lady lol

Maybe the toothache is a good thing? It'll take your mind off the other pain in the a### :hihi:

I dont think owt could take my mind off the pain, its now just the pain, its the not being able to move very quickly....

I am that used to being able to just get up and go that this struggling to even stand is beginning to get me down lol

I am having to rest on either one ar8e cheek or the other :hihi:

I dont think owt could take my mind off the pain, its now just the pain, its the not being able to move very quickly....

I am that used to being able to just get up and go that this struggling to even stand is beginning to get me down lol

Yep. That's about the size of it. All I can do is offer you sympathy! :)

I'm afraid to say that a coccyx injury can be one that takes a very long time to heal. It's very much like sternum injuries- you can't properly incapacitate it because you need to breathe and move sometimes, and it's so nerve rich that once you've annoyed the nerves it can take months/years for them to calm down.

When the injury is fresh (as it is now) there really is nothing you can do apart from learning what causes the pain to worsen and avoid it, but once the bony injury has healed then there's a part to be played by physiotherapy or osteopathy to start getting the muscles built up around the area again which should reduce symptoms long term.

Good luck :) I'm willing you a pain free moment.

I bet you wish you hadn't asked now! ;)

:( :( :( :(

I am quite an active person and do aggressive sports, does this mean the end of them??

I thought I knew you after reading the OP but after reading this, I must be mistaken cause the Lucy Jackson I know is an idle bitch :)

Hope the pain don't last too long :)

:( :( :( :(

I am quite an active person and do aggressive sports, does this mean the end of them??

At least for the foreseeable, unless you take up something that doesn't stress it, like swimming maybe.

Once it stops hurting all the time, you'll learn what you can and can't do. Of course everyone is different.

I broke my coccyx last week and am in agony with it, just wondering if any of you have ever done it and how long it takes before the pain goes? :help:

OUCH!!!!

My mate was laid up for months and months when he bust his.

You have my sympathy lovey.

Get well soon :)

Archived