Does anyone ask the scrap men for cash?

When the scrap men come a-scrounging and a-rooting, does anybody ask for a few quid for their old metal? Seems perfectly reasonable but I've never thought of doing it.

If you'd rang the council or rubbish collection service to come around to collect your waste, would you ask them for a few quid? More likely they'd ask you to pay for the service.

When the scrap men come a-scrounging and a-rooting, does anybody ask for a few quid for their old metal? Seems perfectly reasonable but I've never thought of doing it.

You get paid for it if you take it to the scrap yard yourself.

Indeed, and in cash, which is the root cause of the problem with the theives masquerading as "scrapmen".

Masquerading :huh: I though scrapmen were thieves, taking scrap without asking, is there another kind of scrap man ..like a proper job? If you give them your scrap nothing wrong with them selling it for a profit is there.

Masquerading :huh: I though scrapmen were thieves, taking scrap without asking, is there another kind of scrap man ..like a proper job? If you give them your scrap nothing wrong with them selling it for a profit is there.

There are legitimate/licenced "scrapmen", or whatever the correct term for them is.

Archived