Should cars banned from our cities on Sundays

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-18876880

An idea which is already enforced in Bogota and around a million people walk and cycle round feeling safe and get the essential exercise they need.

Certain London boroughs are already looking at imposing a Sunday ban on cars and other cities could follow suite.

Simple answer, no they shouldn't.

Some people need their cars on a Sunday, and who's to decide what's a valid reason and what isn't.

I have a gig this Sunday in town. I don't fancy taking a PA system on the bus. I assume that'd be ok?

I'm not disabled, not technically a trader or anything like that - presumably a blanket ban would stop me using my car/van, assuming typical exceptions as aforementioned.

Simple answer, no they shouldn't.

Some people need their cars on a Sunday, and who's to decide what's a valid reason and what isn't.

I have a gig this Sunday in town. I don't fancy taking a PA system on the bus. I assume that'd be ok?

I'm not disabled, not technically a trader or anything like that - presumably a blanket ban would stop me using my car/van, assuming typical exceptions as aforementioned.

I understand the logistical issues and obviously emergency service vehicles would have to be exempt.

However like in Bologa and other cities where the Sunday car ban is implemented eventually we would all adapt and events of such natures would be planned around the car ban.

Imagine no cars this Sunday and therefore you're able to cycle, walk, play or do almost anything you want on any city road in Sheffield!

The health, fun, feel good, community and environmental benefits far out weigh any slight inconveniences.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-18876880

An idea which is already enforced in Bogota and around a million people walk and cycle round feeling safe and get the essential exercise they need.

Certain London boroughs are already looking at imposing a Sunday ban on cars and other cities could follow suite.

You not got a car then. Which planet do you live on.

You not got a car then. Which planet do you live on.

No, I like cars and think the convienience and freedom they give people to travel and explore places is second to none.

However this is only 1 day a week and if it can work in cities which are at 4x bigger than Sheffield then it can work here.

Imagine no cars this Sunday and therefore you're able to cycle, walk, play or do almost anything you want on any city road in Sheffield!

The health, fun, feel good, community and environmental benefits far out weigh any slight inconveniences.

But why would you want to do any of those things on a city street when you could easily go and do them out in the countryside?

Archived