Advice about hiring out my caravan for the 1st time.

Next year i am hiring out my family caravan for the first time.

Im looking for advice ie (what to do and what not to do)

Im offering a fully contained 6 birth caravan in Skegness.

Ive got an idea what to charge,just bonds deposits ect im unsure about.

Also how do i go about handing out keys and getting them back ect.

How are payments received ?

Any help on the above or other things i need to know,would be well appreciated.

Thanks for looking..:)

Deposit is what you're comfortable with - if they cancel can you sustain your costs? Keys - I would suggest that you meet them there and personally handover keys do you can show them round, and show them emergency gas/water cut off etc. same with key collection - you can also inspect for damage at the same time. Ask if the site office operates any system for visitors - you may need to declare who is staying there for fire rolls.

Deposit is what you're comfortable with - if they cancel can you sustain your costs? Keys - I would suggest that you meet them there and personally handover keys do you can show them round, and show them emergency gas/water cut off etc. same with key collection - you can also inspect for damage at the same time. Ask if the site office operates any system for visitors - you may need to declare who is staying there for fire rolls.

Thanks S8 Blade,but im not wanting to travel to Skeggy everytime i rent it out.

I was thinking of leaving an idiot guide to all the Gas,water, boiler ect

good point about the site office though :) Thanks

And don't forget to make sure all your electrical appliances and gas boiler have up to date certificates - PAT tested etc. Also make sure you do an inventory in case of breakage, losses etc

Thanks PAT testing is something i need to do Thanks again..

Thanks S8 Blade,but im not wanting to travel to Skeggy everytime i rent it out.

I was thinking of leaving an idiot guide to all the Gas,water, boiler ect

good point about the site office though :) Thanks

just a thought, what are you doing about cleaning between lets? if you are going to hire someone to do it they could possbly do the key handover. and as pointed out elsewhere do not do same sex party lets . that can be saking for trouble,

Archived