Is The Boardwalk ever going to reopen as a music venue

Enterprise didnt veto the idea.

Sounds to me like they did, from the chap who tried to get live music provision added to the Under the Boardwalk lease...

"Initial ambitions have been thrown into doubt because of a wrangle with leaseholders Enterprise Inns."

“They said putting music on downstairs would compromise their efforts to relet The Boardwalk upstairs as a music venue, and that I only had permission to operate as a public house with dining and ancillary uses,” said Del.

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news/a-year-on-del-in-dark-over-boardwalk-spin-off-venture-1-3505619

Sounds to me like they did, from the chap who tried to get live music provision added to the Under the Boardwalk lease...

"Initial ambitions have been thrown into doubt because of a wrangle with leaseholders Enterprise Inns."

“They said putting music on downstairs would compromise their efforts to relet The Boardwalk upstairs as a music venue, and that I only had permission to operate as a public house with dining and ancillary uses,” said Del.

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news/a-year-on-del-in-dark-over-boardwalk-spin-off-venture-1-3505619

If this was the case they they just didnt facilitate it. Seems crazy to spend so much on a place without having the permission in place for the intended use.

It was the place where the Clash played their first ever gig , with another band called the Sex Pistols. I had the chance to go, but stayed in because I'd never heard of either band at the time.

OUTSIDE LONDON

indeed, although ive fixed it for you :)

OUTSIDE LONDON

indeed, although ive fixed it for you :)

No, not their first gig outside London. The Sheffield Black Swan gig on 4th July 1976 was the Clash's first ever gig anywhere in the world. Look it up if you don't believe me.

History was made, and I wasn't there. I was at home happy that I'd saved the 50p admission.

• 4 months later...

I'm really missing The Boardwalk, especially all the great tribute bands I used to watch like 'The Rolling Stoned'; 'Glory Days'; 'Letz Zep'; 'T Rextasy,'; Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Dartsboard Band' and many others. I've seen The Acoustic Angels at Crookes W.M.C. and this seems like the ideal venue to fill the the gap left by The Boardwalk. Will it re-open or is there anywhere else like it?

I'm really missing The Boardwalk, especially all the great tribute bands I used to watch like 'The Rolling Stoned'; 'Glory Days'; 'Letz Zep'; 'T Rextasy,'; Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Dartsboard Band' and many others. I've seen The Acoustic Angels at Crookes W.M.C. and this seems like the ideal venue to fill the the gap left by The Boardwalk. Will it re-open or is there anywhere else like it?

I agree. I saw a UK Subs tribute band there. And that guitarrists from Dr Feelgood.