Shirecliffe Secondary School

skippy

sorry fellas,your old brains are playing tricks on you,the b*******ds name was STALEY,I hated him with a vengance.Molineux was ok with you if you could swim and both Thomas,s were ok if you were good at rugby,Ifailed on all counts.Mr Craig was brilliant and great at science,I went there from 1953-57.Hiya trev hope you are well.Mel

went there 60 to 65 Robinson was head then, Alf and Bill thomas were there, Atlas, Staley

Miss Tippet, lovley tits, [she caught me with a hard on one day showing it to the girls] Miss Wood was there, Bernard Cooper [music] Valantine, ****** Watson, old Agie Bless her, Clive sanderson { came to a school get together at Carbrook Hall in 2008} in his late seventies now, Hurst [history] miss Medcalf, Heman Green, Councilor Dammes was in our class, good times, shopliftin down Hillsborough at dinner times.

I went to the school when it became Herries and Mr Staley was still there. One thing that amazes me is that he used to bring his dog into school with him! It was a sausage dog called Oscar. Can you imagine anyone doing that in these HAS times. My kids dont believe me so I hope someone else can remember it too.

Gday Barra, I'm the same as you, it's called getting older, ha ha, I left the Uk in 1970, so I have now lived here longer than I lived there, and I find it's a problem knowing which country I know people from nowadays.

Hi Mel, hope the old bikies managed to get together again after all those years, I would think Cad would be back here now, might ring him later.

I didn't like Staley either, nor Robinson, old man Siddal was the best.

Edited by skippy

hi skippy do you remember MICKEY BOYCE DAVE B

Name rings a bell Dave, but thats all, I was in the B class all through school & didn't start there until the second form when I was 12 years old, I lived at Crookes before we moved to Shirecliffe, what about you ?

nanrobbo, i lived on boynton rd which runs from herries rd to longley ave west. 2 streets back from the good old forum cinema.

My brother and a mate took some photo's of the place for me, the council have demolished a lot of the houses on my old street for some reason.

Have you ever been back ? You can get me on my email if you like.

hi skippy surprises me you dont remember mick boyce he lived in boynton right hand side coming from herries. He also went to shirecliffe. I understand what you say re. Age and memory, i left in 1968 .pete leach contacted me via. Friends reunited ,ut long storey short arranged to meet with others sep. 08 first time in 43 years good day. Centre of sheff. Changed so much. Kept getting lost. Must say city centre changed for better, where we lived s5 is now worse , must go now andy pandy on the box rock on dave b