Does anyone recall Cross Hunt Street?

Just turned 52

Dad is still going - but at 85 is slowing down a fair bit.

They live up at Hackenthorpe - been there 38 years now. Mum used to see one of the Cross Hunt Stree neighbours on a bus in her area - but she has not sen her for a efw montsh now - I will ask her who it was

Originally posted by docmel

Just turned 52

Dad is still going - but at 85 is slowing down a fair bit.

They live up at Hackenthorpe - been there 38 years now. Mum used to see one of the Cross Hunt Stree neighbours on a bus in her area - but she has not sen her for a efw montsh now - I will ask her who it was

Thanks Mark

Im sure mother will be pleased that your parents are both still going strong.

I initailly set out to find an old street map pinpointing the exact location of the old street but to no avail.

We will talk again sometime maybe?

Mark

Try http://www.clickhere.org.uk I have used this to look at old maps of Netherthorpe Just had another look and I have found Cross Hunt Street - other side of St Philips road from where Dover Street went off. I have some photos (slides) taken around 1960 of a St Anne's church parade in the area - taken by my uncle - have spent quite a long time trying to work out exactly where they were taken but finally decided that one of the street names is Cross Hunt Street - I think it shows the shop on ther corner. Do any of you who lived in the area remember anything about Bethel Street. My grandparents had a shop there - on the corner opposite Netherthorpe School - but I think they had gone from there by the end of the 1930s so you may not remember the family

Originally posted by TWA756

Try http://www.clickhere.org.uk I have used this to look at old maps of Netherthorpe Just had another look and I have found Cross Hunt Street - other side of St Philips road from where Dover Street went off. I have some photos (slides) taken around 1960 of a St Anne's church parade in the area - taken by my uncle - have spent quite a long time trying to work out exactly where they were taken but finally decided that one of the street names is Cross Hunt Street - I think it shows the shop on ther corner. Do any of you who lived in the area remember anything about Bethel Street. My grandparents had a shop there - on the corner opposite Netherthorpe School - but I think they had gone from there by the end of the 1930s so you may not remember the family

Do you have the photos on your PC? - I am interesetd for two reasons - I lived in the shop that you think is in the shot - also I was in the cub pack that was attached to St Annes church - the only parades I remember were the ones at Whitsun when we walked up to Weston Park for the 'Whit sings'

Originally posted by TWA756

Many thanks for this, I shall navigate it when I can find the time.

Sorry to say thatI dont recall anything about Bethal Street.

• 3 years later...