Shootings reported at Batman premiere

god bless america! just been googling US gun laws and it takes your breath away, automatic weapons freely available and political suicide to even question it - at least we learned from hungerford and dunblane and, in the face of fury from UK gun nuts, produced a pretty unarmed society.

People like him will always be able to get their hands on guns, if guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

Precisely, criminals by definition have no respect for the law, the law abiding are disarmed giving the criminal a greater advantage over victims.

Had law abiding people been carrying firearms legally the maniac may well have been slotted before doing so much damage.

god bless america! just been googling US gun laws and it takes your breath away, automatic weapons freely available and political suicide to even question it - at least we learned from hungerford and dunblane and, in the face of fury from UK gun nuts, produced a pretty unarmed society.

Hasn't stopped criminals shooting people has it? Operation Trident has plenty of work on its hands !

##

"The attacker shot a baby at point blank range," he said.

Another eyewitness, James Cameron, said the baby girl was shot in the back.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/denver-massacre-baby-shot-at-point-blank-range-during-batman-bloodbath-16187436.html#ixzz21AhQEVsN

I've got sky news streaming, its been confirmed by the hospital that the baby is safe and has been sent home.

I've got sky news streaming, its been confirmed by the hospital that the baby is safe and has been sent home.

I've just read that myself, just goes to show how shaken up witnesses will get stuff wrong though, no doubt the numbers and stuff will change later when everything is confirmed properly and officially x

Just read an article with an interview from a woman who's sister was shot. Her sister had wanted to sit at the front, but her boyfriend got her to sit in the back row to get the 'full effect' of the movie, which probably saved their lives. She was holding her baby son when she was shot, but he escaped unharmed, thankfully.

Erm, because its a forum for discussions ?

and the rating of the film is significant if your trying to make some sense of how a 6 year old could be a victim.

Hope this helps, as there could even be a discussion about Batman a little later on or maybe references to other gun massacres in the US

Thank you. At least someone understands!

I can't believe how much people read total rubbish into innocuous comments. The fact that I wondered why there was a child there... obviously means that I think their parents are evil, they deserved to die for being out past their bedtime, and I have no sympathy whatsoever :loopy: :loopy:

Archived