Ramadhan Is here..

So the month of Ramadhan is here when all Muslims fast,

Ramadhan which lasts 29 or 30 days according to the visual sightings of the crescent moon according to numerous biographical accounts compiled in hadiths. It is the Muslim month of fasting, in which Muslims refrain from dawn until sunset from eating, drinking, and sexual relations.

So I just wanted to say Ramadhan Mubarak to all the SF members :)

A number of off topic posts have been removed. This thread is for discussing Ramadhan. If you wish to discuss other matters please find a more appropriate thread.

If you wish to discuss the way the forum is moderated then please do so via the Helpdesk.

So the month of Ramadhan is here when all Muslims fast,

Ramadhan which lasts 29 or 30 days according to the visual sightings of the crescent moon according to numerous biographical accounts compiled in hadiths. It is the Muslim month of fasting, in which Muslims refrain from dawn until sunset from eating, drinking, and sexual relations.

So I just wanted to say Ramadhan Mubarak to all the SF members :)

I would like to say thank you for wishing us all a happy Ramadhan. I suppose its a bit like my Catholic Lent.

Also, what happens if someone is diabetic? Fasting would cause problems.

I'm not sure about the specifics for Ramadhan but in most instances if Muslims are not able to comply with their religious 'rules' they are excused, or asked to perform some act of charity when they can in return.

Archived