Southey green secondary 50s

does anyone remember john chalfin kathleen hutton anne bloomer all in mr gowers class in the sixties mr kay was the head miss wieght music teacher mr furniss science miss revill head of the girls who we called revill the devil

• 2 years later...
I'm married to John Chalfin - 40 years. We live in Warwickshire. Come back to me and I'll pass on your details to him.

Hi Storme thanks for getting in touch, I still live in Sheffield and have been married for 43 yrs, have 2 sons and a daughter 4 grandsons and 1 great grandson. Been retired for 6 yrs but still teach dancing a few hours a week. Only in touch with one other person from school though. We enjoy our grandchildren and going on holiday mainly to Greece Cyprus or Lanzarote.

Love to hear about your family and activities

Regards Kathrine

Hi Katherine.

John wants to know your surname. I'll message you tomorrow with some questions from JC.

Lynda

Hi my surname was Seymour, we were in the same class I think.I lived on Northlands road at the top of Southey Hill going towards the Magnet Pub and shops if I remember correctly John live on the same side as the Church at the top of the road in the direction of Parson Cross. o Kathrine

Hi Kathrine

Yes you're right, John did live at the top of the right on Southey Hill. He's still friendly with Rob Elfleet. Think he's older than you guys. We know David Antcliff - year younger. His sister Suzanne was there too but 2 years above. He used to see Roger Bradshaw but he died several years ago. We have been in Warwickshire for 22 years but still go up to Sheffield occasionally. We have 3 children - girl 38, boy 36 and girl 34 - all living and working in London - only our son is married.

Lynda

Hi Kathrine

Yes you're right, John did live at the top of the right on Southey Hill. He's still friendly with Rob Elfleet. Think he's older than you guys. We know David Antcliff - year younger. His sister Suzanne was there too but 2 years above. He used to see Roger Bradshaw but he died several years ago. We have been in Warwickshire for 22 years but still go up to Sheffield occasionally. We have 3 children - girl 38, boy 36 and girl 34 - all living and working in London - only our son is married.

Lynda

Thanks for that info.The name Roger Bradshaw rings a bell but I can't recall the face. Cheers Kathrine.

Archived