Spelling, Grammar & Punctuation

Rite here goes, a thread for all users to use to swat up on life's basics.

In what case should you ever use IZE or ISE as in UTILIZE, PERSONALIZE or UTILISE, PERSONALISE...

And as in CV writing, should I ever use anything that can be classed as American style spelling.

Use the English spellings if you are English,i thought you would have realized! that.

Yes but some English words share the same exact spellings with other countries.

Also, in what case should you always use capital letters or even block capitals and when should you leave things in all lower caps as in describing subjects?

Rite here goes, a thread for all users to use to swat up on life's basics.

In what case should you ever use IZE or ISE as in UTILIZE, PERSONALIZE or UTILISE, PERSONALISE...

And as in CV writing, should I ever use anything that can be classed as American style spelling.

My bold. You did do that on purpose.

Didn't you....... :suspect:

We will never know for sure :razz:

Yes but some English words share the same exact spellings with other countries.

Also, in what case should you always use capital letters or even block capitals and when should you leave things in all lower caps as in describing subjects?

You're asking the wrong person,my grammar skills (or lack of) are not to be relied on. :)

Use the English spellings if you are English,i thought you would have realized! that.

Realised! (you did it on purpose, right?).

Both versions are widely accepted, it shouldn't really matter whether you use American, International or British spellings, unless you're applying for a job as a proof reader.

Archived