SF is over-represented by weirdos and complainers

Many of the members just come on here to express their opinions on a verity of subjects; the weirdoes are the members that come on here to complain about the other members expressing their opinions.

Fair point but then there are also the weirdos who, having expressed their opinions on a verity of subjects feel that, when their opinion is challenged, it is an "attack" or "complaint".

... is not truly representative of Sheffield people.

Discuss.

Of course not. SF's members are typical of those of any other internet forum that's grown large and popular over several years: trolls, multi-account wind-up merchants (a subset of the latter), spammers, 'I'm only here for the classifieds' post-count builders, and those who enjoy arguing and possess the motivation to seek out a place to do so online. In sum: more noise, less signal.

It used to be normal. then all the admins got changed around and (some) new mods who suddenly thought it was a good idea to delete entire threads instead of just deleting the 2 morons on it who were arguing. Some of the threads were hundreds pages long and people had spent a great amount of time and effort into posting on them.

So all the best/most interesting posters vanished. Leaving the current lot.

The amount of thread deletion and general over-moderation seems to have dropped recently (from what I can tell). That's why I rejoined after an absence. Unfortunately most of the old faces from the forum are probably gone forever.

As others have said, the forum is a self selecting population rather than any accurate representation of the community. It's always important to bear this in mind when you read and post on SF.
Do people from outside realise this though? I saw something from one of the resident moaners on here quoted in a newspaper. It doesn't give a good impression of us to the rest of the world.

And I think the only reason we have the rep of being the pothole capital of England is solely due to the people who never actually drive anywhere else moaning about it. Other places have just as many potholes, but don't have an SF.

Just saying ... :D

I have been called a weirdo simply because I 'm a founder member of the Ed Balls fan club. I listen to Balls as often as I can. Balls is the new face of Britain and is the only politician who can lead us back to glory.

Labour has had many fine leaders-----Foot, Brown, Blair and Kinnock, to name a few----but none can aspire to reach the heights of our very own Ed.

Balls for ever !

Have you been on the Sherry already today ?

I have been called a weirdo simply because I 'm a founder member of the Ed Balls fan club. I listen to Balls as often as I can. Balls is the new face of Britain and is the only politician who can lead us back to glory.

Labour has had many fine leaders-----Foot, Brown, Blair and Kinnock, to name a few----but none can aspire to reach the heights of our very own Ed.

Balls for ever !

I understand their names are down when vacancies become available at the Home for the Bewildered

Balls for ever !

I assume the above is said "tongue in cheek". If not we are all doomed.

Angel.

Archived