Berni Inns...do they still exist?

Berni inns on their day were unsurpassable for chain restaurants,if you were not a veggie! You could start with a choice of Beers ,Lager, Wine, or 3 different size sherries from a wooden barrel for the ladies.OK prawn cocktail or mixed salad starters,very 60/70s but with superb bread rolls served with loose butter in an iced dish.Mains were either a choice of steaks or duck both done on an open grill,served with fries or a baked potato etc!Never really got to the sweet course!..............since those days we have eaten in some of the worlds finest eateries,but still miss the simple menu of original Bernis,they had a huge fan base.

Prawn Cocktail, Steak and Chips, Black Forest Gateau, Schooner of Sherry.

Pass the sick bag Alice. :gag:

God but I hated Black Forest Gateau! A perfectly good chocolate cake ruined by a layer of cherry slime. :rant:

All you have to do is to read the text in the link above to correct that mistake.

My memory is not what it was, but I do know that both chains were operating at the same time somewhere a number of years back - I often had to decide which of the two I would prefer to visit.

Perhaps the change was a gradual one. The obituary is less likely to be wrong than I am. :cool:

Archived