New shot bar coming to sheffield??

missamanda

If you could find somewhere to do it? It might be alright... but i'd need to see proper proof of concept for it to work. I personally wouldn't go, I like spirits, and cocktails... but I wouldn't just go for a shot bar. Theres not a great deal of money in them, unless people WANT to pay out £3-£4 per shot for the more high end stuff. I can't see anyone wanting to do it. If a nightclub/bar did an area of the bar which was exclusively for shots, might work. But most people I know, (and served on a bar) buy a normal drink, and a shot of something. Not just shots.

Unlike in Manchester/Leeds or York, if you're not on West St or the town end of Eccy road, you'll struggle.

Sarcasm central guys! haha. This place is gonna be the bomb.. Get ready and wash your sarcastic comments down with a good old fashioned SHOT

People will stop being sarcastic when you admit it's your new venture! :D

Go on, come clean, you'll feel better for it! :)

Sarcasm central guys! haha. This place is gonna be the bomb.. Get ready and wash your sarcastic comments down with a good old fashioned SHOT

sorry love but in the centre of Sheffield!! not a chance, if it were Leeds or manchester....London even then its probably a goer....Sheffield....no not a cat in hells chance, most in sheffield moan at the price of a pint never mind a shot! i hope your budget for venue fit out is pretty good £100k+ because you will need something spectacular to draw regular and good spenders, i wish you all the luck i really do....but as you nearly said "this place will bomb"

Well revolution is massive and busy the idea is no queues. When i queue for a drinkk i queue for a drink go off and dance. I think i like the idea cos of the one in doncaster go in get a few ****s wiyhout the hassle of the queing up and getiing strssed :(

There's only two ways you'll not have the "hassle of queing up and getiing strssed" - either a) make the drinks stupidly expensive to nobody goes in there; or b) Have 1000 bar staff on, which won't make any money.

I think students wud go for the idea.

I think you're deluding yourself.

The idea could work, either by being exclusive and posh (unlikely to work in Sheffield, and definately not going to be a student haunt), or by making it as cheap and cheerful as possible, which is going to result in massive queues, for about 5 minutes at a time as each random group turns up, has their drink, then leaves.

Then there's the licencing minefield...

If this is something you're planning to open, or you want someone to open it for you, I seriously suggest you get some real life experience of how the bar trade works, otherwise you're going to end up losing a lot of money. Maybe approach the management of some of the West Street bars and volunteer to work there over a weekend to see what they have to cope with.

I'm afraid that the OP needs to do a bit more market investigation to be honest - in Sheffield's case, and this comes from working on several bars, the main buys are normally (not in order of popularity):

• Pints
  • Vodka Mixers
  • Bottled beer - Especially tequila based like Desperados etc.
  • Cocktails
  • Shots - Tequila/Sambuca/flavoured vodka

And out of all of those, its mainly the vodka mixers, tequila based beer, and the cocktails that are the main popular drink in the West St/Carver St crowd.

Archived