I dare you to retire and give your job to a young person

This is what this country needs more people like Location and Monkey. Young people who are willing to get up before mid-day, who are willing to put the leg work in, who are willing to be pro-active in their job search (as opposed to waiting for their Parole Officer or Outreach Worker doing it for them) and then be willing to turn up day after day and do what is asked of them in return for a wage. There is no feeling like getting your first wage, you get a feeling of self respect and a respect for other people who go out and earn a honest wage.

some of you wont do that because you think your special but yor not life goes on without you and they will do a better job than you your sat here posting comments on sf same as me but i accept im too old to work give your job up to the next generation

School leavers lacking basic skills, bosses group says

By Hannah Richardson BBC News education reporter

Too many young people are leaving school without adequate basic skills, a survey of business leaders suggests.

More than four out of 10 are unhappy with youngsters' use of English, while 35% bemoan their numeracy skills.

The annual study of 566 UK employers for the Confederation of British Industry also heralds a shortage of high-skilled employees, particularly in maths and science.

The government said the CBI was right to raise concerns over basic skills.

The organisation's annual education and skills survey also suggests that many employers (44%) have had to invest in remedial training for school and college leavers.

The gov in there wisdom putting the retirement age up seems silly to me. Surely it is cheaper to keep one or two pensioners on pension than a young family with children . Let people retire at 62 ? pay a living pension. Leaves a job open for a younger person to do support his family and would be paying Ins &Tax

cmon lets not disrespect young people like that today i think on the whole young people would like a job they would like to buy a house they would like 2 . 4 children but it aint going to happen

quite a lot of the young people i see seem to have rather more than 2.4 children

quite a lot of the young people i see seem to have rather more than 2.4 children

Yet the birth rate is below 2.1 and has been for 41 years. Before that people often had 4/5 children each, it wasn't a problem.

The real problem is that we are not having enough!

retire give young people a chance of a job they need the money not you

You have clearly mastered the technique of living on fresh air. Care to share it?

I take it you also have a landlord who doesn't expect any rent and weave your own clothes out of discarded navel fluff.

Archived