Can I try again to claim PPI

I haven't posted in while. I am looking for some advice regarding a financial matter.

Some time ago, I tried to pursue a claim for PPI through a car finance provider.

I received notice back that they found no evidence of miss selling and I had to go through ombudsman should I so wish.

At that time I had a lot going on in my personal life and for one reason or another failed to do so.

I am now back on top form and wondering am I legally allowed to try and pursue this again, or are there guidelines that state I cannot do so?

I have tried some search terms online, but cannot locate the info I require.

Thanks in advance!

I haven't posted in while. I am looking for some advice regarding a financial matter.

Some time ago, I tried to pursue a claim for PPI through a car finance provider.

I received notice back that they found no evidence of miss selling and I had to go through ombudsman should I so wish.

At that time I had a lot going on in my personal life and for one reason or another failed to do so.

I am now back on top form and wondering am I legally allowed to try and pursue this again, or are there guidelines that state I cannot do so?

I have tried some search terms online, but cannot locate the info I require.

Thanks in advance!

Yes you can still pursue your claim.

Have a look at the website below it will explain what you have to do

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

You may actually have a problem here. The bank will have issued a final response with details of how to refer your complaint to the ombudsman. Their letter should have told you that such a referral should be made within six months. If you did not refer the case to the ombudsman within this timescale, the ombudsman can refuse to accept the case (and the bank can object to the ombudsman dealing with it).

What are your grounds for complaint? You need to consider why you believe the PPI was mis-sold and whether you have other, different grounds for complaint than those you based your previous complaint on.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone.

I'll be trying to claim myself.

Hi Andy

I gained finance through a broker. I was simply told the cost of my monthly payments once I'd read all of the paperwork. I wasn't told that the PPI was optional, simply that it was part of the plan. In my naivety I signed.

When I tried to claim, the finance company, stated they had a signed statement from a calls handler who signed to say he'd explained it was optional. They believe this was grounds to refuse my claim.

I disputed this by telephone explaining that as I hadn't signed this and there was no recorded call, or paperwork supplied to me it had no standing.

They issued me with a letter to say I had 6 months to contact the ombudsman.

I didn't do so.

My query is, can I start the proceed again by writing to the finance company?

Archived