Ahead for council tax, yet get a court summons

Turn up at court and DO NOT let them talk you out of not going in. Have your day in court to explain how incompetent they are and the costs will be wavered by the court. Do Not sign anything in the lobby to say that you do not wish to go in and are happy for them to sort it out because you will get lumbered with the costs even if you don't go in.

I was asked to sign something saying it would get sorted, I opted to stand in court instead and the magistrate gave them a rollocking because I should not have been there. The court costs against me were dropped and I left, everyone else signed to not go in court and had to pay the court costs.

There must have been about 300+ people all booked into the same court that day and if everyone would have opted to go into court then it would have all ground to a halt and they would have to stop summonsing people on mass.

Excellent advice.

In our area when people have had a summons for non payment of CT and ask the Council "do I have to attend" they have been told "No, you don't have to attend". Which is true you don't have to attend BUT you WILL be found guilty as it'll be rubber stamped verdict.

Go along and put your side of the case

Turn up at court and DO NOT let them talk you out of not going in. Have your day in court to explain how incompetent they are and the costs will be wavered by the court.

Will the costs be wavered by the court, or will the Sheffield council tax payers get lumbered with the bill?

Will the costs be wavered by the court, or will the Sheffield council tax payers get lumbered with the bill?

Well if the bill goes up then the council will think about giving the contract to a company competent enough to do the job. In the mean while hundreds of people are having to sort it out at their own cost and with a great deal of un due stress.

Have your day in court and highlight the incompetence of these people rather than accept the court costs and the self proclamation of guilt that signing the waver not to go into the court room has attached with it.

Well if the bill goes up then the council will think about giving the contract to a company competent enough to do the job. In the mean while hundreds of people are having to sort it out at their own cost and with a great deal of un due stress.

Have your day in court and highlight the incompetence of these people rather than accept the court costs and the self proclamation of guilt that signing the waver not to go into the court room has attached with it.

Or, better still avoid court altogether by actually sorting the problem out. As has already been advised.

Or, better still avoid court altogether by actually sorting the problem out. As has already been advised.

You mean sort it out by keeping up payments and doing what your obliged to do?

Or do you mean sort it out by sat endlessly on the phone for hours (trying to get through) for the mistake of an incompetent organisation employed by a seemingly incompetent council?

That sort sorting it out?

Or do you mean sort it out by sat endlessly on the phone for hours (trying to get through) for the mistake of an incompetent organisation employed by a seemingly incompetent council?

As I said before, one phone call should be sufficient. If you are concerned that you might not get through, a trip to Howden House is guaranteed to solve it.

Archived