Ahead for council tax, yet get a court summons

As I said before, one phone call should be sufficient. If you are concerned that you might not get through, a trip to Howden House is guaranteed to solve it.
The rosy tint of your glasses must give you eyestrain after a bit, does it ?

I have been to court on two other occasions before I decided to go in and get it sorted once and for all, I have been on the verge of a breakdown with these buffoons and if you think that a quick call and a nip down to Howden house is the answer then you have obviously not had an experience of it so if you don't mind your talking (if you have one) out of your top hat.

Are you still here ?
Don't shoot the messenger, dude! Just saying ...

For most people who haven't paid their council tax on time and received a blue notice of intended court action, a simple phone call, bringing the payments up to date and starting a DDM so that it doesn't happen again suffices to solve the problem.

It seems inexplicable that someone such as yourself has had such a problem? Not just once, but several times. Even if you're finding it difficult to pay, they're usually quite amenable to an arrangement to sort it out. I'm shocked that you've had such a bad time, but still don't think that letting it get to the stage of court action is the answer.

It would save both him, and the taxpayers, much time, effort and money if he sorts it out well before then. One phone call ought to suffice.

sorry but :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

That would never work-they are stooooopid! Although they claim to have a knowledge of the law of course:loopy:

It has taken them a month to decide that in fact I owed nothing. During this time I still haven't received a first bill. It took a full 40min to get through to anyone when I first found out about the bill (a dodgy piece of paper from a bailiff) and then I kept getting lied to about who was responsible and what I was legally culpable for. It has still not been sorted. Last week I received an email requesting further proofs that I was not living in sheffield and 10 minutes later I got another email confirming I owed nothing. The citizens advice bureau questioned this for me and the council don't know what is going on. Now I am waiting to find out which email we are going with. Its embarrassing!

It fills you with confidence! I wish I had got a summons...I wish I had received a bill. Four years after I left I have precious little evidence of terminating my tenancy!

They are wasting your council tax money people!!

Don't shoot the messenger, dude! Just saying ...

For most people who haven't paid their council tax on time and received a blue notice of intended court action, a simple phone call, bringing the payments up to date and starting a DDM so that it doesn't happen again suffices to solve the problem.

It seems inexplicable that someone such as yourself has had such a problem? Not just once, but several times. Even if you're finding it difficult to pay, they're usually quite amenable to an arrangement to sort it out. I'm shocked that you've had such a bad time, but still don't think that letting it get to the stage of court action is the answer.

In all fairness it was before the name change so maybe new management and the new name is a step in the right direction, it just does not seem that way when your reading that its happening to others.

I know one thing, no matter what they tell you over the phone, if you get through, or to your face, you should take it with a pinch of salt because you can still end up with a summons.

The rosy tint of your glasses must give you eyestrain after a bit, does it ?

I have been to court on two other occasions before I decided to go in and get it sorted once and for all, I have been on the verge of a breakdown with these buffoons and if you think that a quick call and a nip down to Howden house is the answer then you have obviously not had an experience of it so if you don't mind your talking (if you have one) out of your top hat.

Do the court summons have a Sheffield city council letter head?

Had similar - went to court - magistrate laughed at it and told off the council officer - not been threatened since by them

not fair, I did not get my invitation as I was not living in the house and therefore failed to get a magistrate to laugh it out of court!:rant::(

Archived