Too few cops on the streets

Just a P,S for Monkey 104, I served with the British Army from 1969 to 86 regiment undisclosed, stop backing the coppers up, they are and always have been on more money than the Squaddies. so stop the B,S, I stood back and even said sorry in answer to some of your post, but I get the feeling your full of B,S, because it's a well known fact that civvies have always been on better money than the Army, especially, coppers so leave it out backing them up. They are over paid civvies in uniform who will stab you in the back as soon as look at em, that's why they run off in riots. lONDONDERRY 69, was you there, the answer is no, I know that for a fact and so do you. So have some decency and stop the crap.

Well done you Regatta.

And well done you for actually having the guts to say you were in Londonderry in 69! And obviously if I have only recently left the army after 22 years then no I wasn't there, however I am not going to trade war zones( although Ireland was not a war zone).

And the fact is I left on £6000 a year more than a police sgt.

So have some decency and stop the crap.

Well done you Regatta.

And well done you for actually having the guts to say you were in Londonderry in 69! And obviously if I have only recently left the army after 22 years then no I wasn't there, however I am not going to trade war zones( although Ireland was not a war zone).

And the fact is I left on £6000 a year more than a police sgt.

So have some decency and stop the crap.

I've checked both pay scales, you said you came out as a lance jack after 22, and were on £6.000, more than a police sargent get real. P.S, tell the families of the lads that did'nt come back from the NI tours it was'nt a war zone. Afghan is far worse but don't ever trivialise NI.

I've checked both pay scales, you said you came out as a lance jack after 22, and were on £6.000, more than a police sargent get real. P.S, tell the families of the lads that did'nt come back from the NI tours it was'nt a war zone. Afghan is far worse but don't ever trivialise NI.

Full screw!

Take another look at corporal level 7 and add trade pay!

http://www.armedforces.co.uk/armypayscales.htm

All I have ever stated are facts.

Thank you.

P.s I was at clooney bks for 2 years

Full screw!

Take another look at corporal level 7 and add trade pay!

http://www.armedforces.co.uk/armypayscales.htm

All I have ever stated are facts.

Thank you.

P.s I was at clooney bks for 2 years

ok no probs, ps I'm not havin a dig at you, I just get annoyed when I think the lads are being treated unfairly, I'll get my facts right the next time I gob off, I do know this tho, we were badly paid at one time compaired with civvie jobs, and still think the lads are worth far more, lets not mention footballers, anyhow soz for the misunderstanding. I get a bit to passionate about some subjects, you know the score, all the best.

ok no probs, ps I'm not havin a dig at you, I just get annoyed when I think the lads are being treated unfairly, I'll get my facts right the next time I gob off, I do know this tho, we were badly paid at one time compaired with civvie jobs, and still think the lads are worth far more, lets not mention footballers, anyhow soz for the misunderstanding. I get a bit to passionate about some subjects, you know the score, all the best.

Me too mate.

I get a bit passionate about service pay, especially when the lads getting maimed are young in service and only on about 20 grand a year.

However, I do respect our police service and the majority of bobbies ( like any other service, there are a few that let them down) do try to make a difference to peoples lives.

As I say it's a few bad apples, politicians promises and point scoring, statistic manipulating and highly publicised wrongdoing that discredits them.

What happened in the riots in London ect last year, they stood and watched. :rant:

Erm - seriously?

One cop walks up to trouble-maker: "Please stop that, it's against the law."

Trouble-maker: [politeness added] "Why what are you going to do? I'm filming you on my iphone, I'll post it on YouTube, you're not allowed to show any aggression or I'll sue you and guess what? You have to provide a valid reason in an official report that states why you are physically trying to restrain me from doing that naughty thing that I'm doing".

Cop replies as gang of thugs gather around ready to give him a good kick-in: "You're behaviour is anti-social and harms the public so I'm going to try to stop you regardless of the fact I'm going to get suspended for doing something about it!"

Trouble-maker: "We'll kick your head in and film it, we'll never get caught but you'll get suspended and probably charged for pushing me away. Maybe I'll fall to the floor to make it look more aggressive".

regatta, were you one of the rioters? What were the police supposed to do with no support or even any government go-ahead to get "tough."

Their hands were tied.

Archived