Bradley Wiggins..

With a good team behind him it seems obvious that Chris Froome would have a decent chance. Don't overlook his amazing achievement in finishing second.

Yes Chris Froome could have won this years race but was ordered to work for Wiggins quite rightly though.

Next year Chris Froome is the favourite and will be on the podium but don't discard Contador who will be back in next years race so he is the real contender and would have been this year had he riden.

I did feel though apart from Cadel Evans there were no real contenders like previous years with Armstrong, Contador, Ulrich and the greats like Pantani all gone this year was Britains best chance ever.

May the Reverend Spooner rest in peace.

I hope Widley Braggins gets a gold medal to go with his Tour de France prizes.

(If the Tour de France starts in Yorkshire at some time in the future, will it be renamed 'The Ryanair Tour de France?)

May the Reverend Spooner rest in peace.

I hope Widley Braggins gets a gold medal to go with his Tour de France prizes.

(If the Tour de France starts in Yorkshire at some time in the future, will it be renamed 'The Ryanair Tour de France?)

Wiggins is up there as one of the favourites for TT Olympic gold but I think he must be behind the 2 main favourites which are Fabian Cancellara and current TT World Champion Tony Martin.

This years TDF course wasn't the toughest and with a good 100kms of TTing it did suit Wiggins as that's where he picked up the bulk of his time over his rivals. If he was going to win the TDF this years course was the one that was going to suit him the best, plus the real lack of any GC contenders this year, the only real one turned out to be a team mate who played ball and stuck to team orders.

If the rumours about the 2013 TDF turn out to be correct, it could be a monster of a course.

But how will the spectators know where to go if the riders don't know where they are?

The words 'Tour de France' do seem to suggest that the event might take place in France.

As seen as the 2013 route has yet to be announced, because strange as it might seem the route around France changes every year, so riders and fans have no idea where there going at the minute.

But how will the spectators know where to go if the riders don't know where they are?

The words 'Tour de France' do seem to suggest that the event might take place in France.

The route is announced in the Autumn I believe, and changes quite a bit. Mt. Ventoux is a famous climb, but it hasn't featured for a couple of years.

Part of the reason Wiggins won, was that there was a reasonable amount of Alpine climbing, which appears to be tough but suites his style. There was a bit less in the Pyrinees which don't suite him so well. (But may suite Froome more...) There was a fair amount of TT this year too.

When they know the route, then the various teams will look to see who they want to have as their GC contender, if they are lucky enough to have more than one candidate.

Some teams may know they have no chance at GC, so may gun for the green jeresy, like HTC used to do with Cavendish before their demise.

Speaking of which, will Cav go for Omega Parma Quickstep I wonder?

Archived