Ten pound scratch cards..

There will only be a certain amount of £4million top prize..£10 scratch card up for grabs .

So when those top prizes have been won,do they take the rest out of circulation? Surely it would be false advertising if the still sell them,even when the top prizes have been won..

They can avoid the charge of false advertising because they list, on the lottery website, how many prizes (top prizes and others) are still available to be won.

I don't suppose that very many people actually check the website for that information; I'd wager that a hefty number of scratchcard buyers never use the internet at all.

It all started off with the national lottery- sold to us on the back of money going to good causes, once a week at £1 a play...then come the £1 scratchcards, and here we are now with about 4 different national / euro lottery games, and scratch cards up to £10. Indeed where will it all end.

In the down trodden village where I live the poor and destitute queue up at the local Co-op to put £5 on their electricity cards and £10 on the national lottery, £7 on fags and 50p on a bag of sweets for their dirty little overwight skin headed brats.

I'd love to know why Camelot got the contract rather than Richard Branson who promised all the profits to charity.

They can avoid the charge of false advertising because they list, on the lottery website, how many prizes (top prizes and others) are still available to be won.

I don't suppose that very many people actually check the website for that information; I'd wager that a hefty number of scratchcard buyers never use the internet at all.

And the crafty buggers know that..

It all started off with the national lottery- sold to us on the back of money going to good causes, once a week at £1 a play...then come the £1 scratchcards, and here we are now with about 4 different national / euro lottery games, and scratch cards up to £10. Indeed where will it all end.

In the down trodden village where I live the poor and destitute queue up at the local Co-op to put £5 on their electricity cards and £10 on the national lottery, £7 on fags and 50p on a bag of sweets for their dirty little overwight skin headed brats.

I'd love to know why Camelot got the contract rather than Richard Branson who promised all the profits to charity.

I watched as the woman in the shop checked off one guys euro tickets.

She counted 20 seperate tickets.On each ticket the guy had about 8 lines.

He looked rather embarrassed,and probably thinking i thought he was addicted. Haha.

Maybe it was a big company syndicate?

He didn't win though.

All forms of the lottery are a scam for mug punters who need a cheap thrill and dream of a better life rather than tackling the challenges offered by reality.It is state gambling and is deemed respectable on the grounds that good causes are supported.

All forms of the lottery are a scam for mug punters who need a cheap thrill and dream of a better life rather than tackling the challenges offered by reality.It is state gambling and is deemed respectable on the grounds that good causes are supported.

To be honest I don't think my pound a week flutter will hurt me... :)

You can't win bugger all if you don't buy a ticket :)

Well, as this scam began in November 1994, if you didn't buy say a £1 ticket every week, you be 18 x 52 x £1 = £936 up!

And as for the apocryphal tales of 'I knew a mate who knew the newsagents dog...' that exactly how to get suckered in. Oh sure, you'll win the odd tenner (and forget about how much that tenner has actually cost you) but it's just to fool you into thinking you could be near the 'big one'.

Anyway, the average punter I see scrambling in their purse/pocket for the change to buy a ticket wouldn't possibly benefit from winning a few million.

Archived