Tunisian & it's currency. Advice please.

as for as i am concerned Tunisia is safe

as for Shane all inclusive is not a prison its like going into a hotel where every thing is free and you can walk in and out of it and stay as long as you want any time you want.

as for Shane all inclusive is not a prison its like going into a hotel where every thing is free and you can walk in and out of it and stay as long as you want any time you want.

Not exactly :hihi:

I know that!

Done all inclusive myself,but in places where it's ok to go walkabouts at night.

We were not aware of it being risky going out at night and often got a cab or walked around of an evening. Did not ever notice any tension or trouble spots. Great holiday.

....I would be more wary of the butchers shops!!!

We were not aware of it being risky going out at night and often got a cab or walked around of an evening. Did not ever notice any tension or trouble spots. Great holiday.

....I would be more wary of the butchers shops!!!

What part of Tunisia where you in

as said above we did not go out very much at night but when we did we did not feel any tension at all the Tunisians were very friendly, we even hired a car and went into Tunis when alot of people said oh dont go there theres alot of trouble but we had a great time, that was during the day.

I've been Tunisia 3 times, Yasmine Hammamet once and Sousse twice. Came back from Sousse last month and going again next year. I love it! It's perfectly safe to go out. The majority of Tunisians are friendly. You just have to be on your guard with the street pedlars trying to sell stuff. Just a firm no thank you is needed.

We usually just take English money & change a bit at a time at the hotel when we get there. True, as someone said earlier you can't bring dinars out so don't have too much left at the end of the holiday. They'll take all your dinars off you at passport control so make sure you either spend it or change it back.

Thanks for all the responses, even the daft ones, ha ha. I had a really good scour on trip advisor before plumping for a 5 * Hotel within the Medina Walls @ Yasmine Hammemet. The comments from trip advisor going back two years all seemed majoritively Good - Excellent. A lot that went this Summer, have come back and booked again for Xmas, which is a good sign. Regards currency I think travellers cheques and GBP will be the order of the day. I notice the exchange rate is set by the Govt and is the same nationwide, which is handy providing it is a good deal, maybe dollars travellers cheques are better than GBP, will have to find out. We will not be strolling too far from the walled Medina at night, I doubt anyway. Maybe I would maybe feel differently if I was with 'the lads' rather than just me and the missus, as there is an different responsibility I guess. So, common sense will prevail, and a good chat with the Rep on the 1st day. Trip advisor is very good, honest opinions from real people. Thanks again.

Archived