Should Pensioners have to Re-take Their Tests?

It was an oap who wrote of my brothers car a while back.

He came driving out of a junction without looking and BANG!!!

He had the cheek to try and drive away and when my brother took his keys off him he tried doing him for assault :loopy:

And it was a 24 year old who ran into the back of my new car because he was driving around a corner whilst rummaging in his rucksack - I was stationary in a line of traffic and he 'didn't see me'.

Good and bad in the young and old .

The test should be means tested.

If an oap can afford a retest then they pay, if not then the government picks up the tab?

Why should the tax payer pay for someone's priviledge to drive..? If you want to drive pay for it yourself..no matter how old you are..

Why should the tax payer pay for someone's priviledge to drive..? If you want to drive pay for it yourself..no matter how old you are..

I don't think it would be an incredibly expensive thing to do, to make everyone take a short test at the age of 70 and then every 5 years after that. The government could easily afford to do it and removing drivers who are not safe would save money in other areas

I don't think it would be an incredibly expensive thing to do, to make everyone take a short test at the age of 70 and then every 5 years after that. The government could easily afford to do it and removing drivers who are not safe would save money in other areas

What other areas?

Likewise, the NHS would benefit by diagnosing illnesses and diseases earlier they can be treated or cured earlier - cutting down NHS bills considerably. For instance, if diabetes is diagnosed early it can vastly reduce the very cruel and debilitating complications that occur - so reducing suffering and cutting NHS costs too - something that everyone will benefit from.

And it was a 24 year old who ran into the back of my new car because he was driving around a corner whilst rummaging in his rucksack - I was stationary in a line of traffic and he 'didn't see me'.

Good and bad in the young and old .

Rummaging around in a rucksack is stupid.

This old buffoon was so confused he didnt know what day it was.

Seriously, didnt know what day it was!!

He was a spiteful old get too. When it was obvious it was his fault he tried everything to get my bro done.

Archived