Road tax - should it go?

Should we replace road tax  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should we replace road tax

• Yes Add the cost onto fuel
    • Yes Fund from another source
    • No Leave it as it is

Originally posted by Sidla

Not really, it would be an encouragement to switch to public transport.

I don't get a choice. If I used public transport my journey currently takes 1hr 30mins each way (assuming it turns up), if I drive it takes 30mins.

Soon I may be having to travel an extra 40miles a day, where there would be no option for public transport.

Some people like me, don't have a choice but to use a car, and unfortunately like me they may not recieve much in the way of earnings.

Increasing the cost in petrol, would mean I wouldn't be able to afford to get to work.

Originally posted by DaBouncer

However this could be overcome by having Isurance companies supply 'Insurance Discs' to place in the window

Good idea - can't help but feel like I've seen it somewhere else before though (e.g. a few posts up from yours) :rolleyes:

You know t020... I never even read your post and have ONLY JUST seen it now. LOL:D

Great minds think alike for sure! Serious though I just read the first 2 or 3 posts and hit reply... that'll teach me eh!:loopy:

-----------

I was also thinking that since Insurance is a LEGAL requirement by law (i.e. government) then shouldn't all insurance companies be run via the Government. Tax is (DVLA is a government Dept) so why not insurance. I reckon that would solve loads of probs!

Good idea - I can just imagine thousands of motorists turning down the comfort of their own cars for:

- longer journey times

- already crowded conditions (even more crowded if so many switched over to it)

- higher cost in a lot of cases

- rain, wind, waiting around, etc.

- risk to safety - see Caprices thread.

Originally posted by DaBouncer

You know t020... I never even read your post and have ONLY JUST seen it now. LOL:D

Great minds think alike for sure! Serious though I just read the first 2 or 3 posts and hit reply... that'll teach me eh!:loopy:

I'll believe you this time then :D

Hardly an encouragement, so are you suguesting that service engineers, utility workers etc, transport their tools, goods, equipment, ladders, cement mixers, drills etc on public transport?

Archived