UK in longest double dip recession on record

At least they're trying. And started from day one.

If Labour had won the election they'd have carried on spending and we'd be in a worse financial situation than we are now.

Remember when the Tories stopped the schools BSF programme in 2010? Labour and local councils were crying that schools would literally fall down. Over two years on and I don't see any news reports of collapsed schools.

All I see are huge rises in heating and cooling and repair bills for the new schools.

I was instrumental in stopping a school giving ipads to every teacher and student and

I'm proud in doing so. There was absolutely no evidence they enhanced teaching and learning, and the same thing could have been done with cheaper tablets or netbooks.

Many schools can be maintained and refurbed rather than knocked down and rebuilt. But new buildings and flashy toys mask poor performance.

is this the condems way of changing things:hihi::hihi::hihi: http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2011/jul/19/300-schools-built-private-finance-scheme

so its ok for you to knock me for not doing something right, but take offence when its the other way round :huh:

I didn't knock you or laugh at you, I just asked you to fix your quotes.

Come on put a little effort in a fix your quotes.:)

At least they're trying. And started from day one.

If Labour had won the election they'd have carried on spending and we'd be in a worse financial situation than we are now.

Remember when the Tories stopped the schools BSF programme in 2010? Labour and local councils were crying that schools would literally fall down. Over two years on and I don't see any news reports of collapsed schools.

All I see are huge rises in heating and cooling and repair bills for the new schools.

I was instrumental in stopping a school giving ipads to every teacher and student and

I'm proud in doing so. There was absolutely no evidence they enhanced teaching and learning, and the same thing could have been done with cheaper tablets or netbooks.

Many schools can be maintained and refurbed rather than knocked down and rebuilt. But new buildings and flashy toys mask poor performance.

Why did you do that and why are you proud?

Archived