Lhasa Apso wanted

kitw

Because you haven't said whether you want a puppy or not, I just want to add that if you are going down this route, there is plenty to think about. Have a look at this page on the Dogs Trust website - it has lots of information about how to choose a puppy plus ethical considerations.

Here are some useful links:

Lhasa Apso Forums

Midland Lhasa Apso Association

Lhas Apso Club (site unavailable at time of posting).

Also read up about inherited conditions and be sure that the dam and sire have had appropriate screening tests.

Take your time and learn as much about the breed as you can before purchasing. Well done for asking for advice and not just leaping into getting one without thought.

thanks for the replies everyone, I have looked around and Im still looking. Im looking for a white lhasa apso puppy...the only half decent website i have found is pets4home but alot of them seems to in it only to make money - sorry im new to looking for dogs so this is abit of a surprise to me

im not looking for a rescue type dog as this dog will be my first

thanks again :)

You are right to be wary of Internet pet sale sites although not all advertisers are bad - you just have to ask the right questions and gain a feel for the situation.

Do follow those links to the breed clubs that I gave you in my previous post. They will not only be able to advise you about the breed but may well have a list of members with puppies. These puppies will be expensive but possibly equal to or only slightly more money than you would pay for a pup from an Internet site. You should get a good, well bred puppy from an experienced breeder with full pedigree and health checks done. Because your colour choice is so specific you might have to wait a while.

*The Lhasa Apso Club is back on line - link here. Includes puppy buying advice and also a list of breeders. Also check out the Kennel Club list of Lhasa breeders.

Edited by ccit