ATMs paying out £5..

I only noticed a couple of weeks ago at a Tesco ATM.

You can withdraw a fiver.

Is this a new thing? And maybe because of the recession people may need that last fiver in their account to see them through.

I've been to a few ATMs that gave me a £5 note. There wasn't any option on them to just withdraw £5 though, it was £10, which came out in two fivers

This def offered the choice of withdrawing just a fiver...

So which higher option of cash did they remove from the machine to fit the £5 in? :o

They have to have like 8 to keep it symmetrical (and to have a button for each) don't they? :o

I think they got rid of the 'would you like to withdraw a nearly new baby' option.:P

So which higher option of cash did they remove from the machine to fit the £5 in? :o

They have to have like 8 to keep it symmetrical (and to have a button for each) don't they? :o

Correct. If you press other amount, try typing in £5 and see if it does it. :)

You can withdraw a fiver.

Is this a new thing? And maybe because of the recession people may need that last fiver in their account to see them through.

Nothing to do with the recession. It started with the treasury giving the banks a bollocking because they were not circulating enough new fivers. And so all the existing fivers in circulation were getting tatty and extremely unhygenic. The banks have been forced to do more to distribute new fivers and remove old ones from circulation, for around a year or more I've been getting fivers from the cash machines.

Archived