What time do you do your washing?

Just wondered what time most people do their washing?

I went to bed last night listening to the sound of my next door neighbours washer , it was after midnight, And was woken just after 6 this morning to the same sound.

I can understand it has to be done when people have the time due to work etc, etc. But surely if you're in an attached property you have to consider the noise the washer makes and how it could disturb your neighbours especially at night.

I do my washing at a reasonable hour as I know the machine can be a bit loud especially on spin.

Has consideration for others gone completely out of the window??

I went to bed last night listening to the sound of my next door neighbours washer , it was after midnight, And was woken just after 6 this morning to the same sound.

I can understand it has to be done when people have the time due to work etc, etc. But surely if you're in an attached property you have to consider the noise the washer makes and how it could disturb your neighbours especially at night.

I do my washing at a reasonable hour as I know the machine can be a bit loud especially on spin.

Ear plugs come to mind. There are always problems with semi detached house, neighbours arguments, babies, music and other things it is part of lifes rich tapestry as they say. Long live detached.

I try to be considerate of my next door neighbours, and particularly their young daughter. Their daughter's bedroom is adjacent to my kitchen, so I know that if I put my washer on any later than about 9pm, it might disturb her.

My tenancy agreement says no noise between 11pm and 7am, and I try to comply with that.

I try to be considerate of my next door neighbours, and particularly their young daughter. Their daughter's bedroom is adjacent to my kitchen, so I know that if I put my washer on any later than about 9pm, it might disturb her.

My tenancy agreement says no noise between 11pm and 7am, and I try to comply with that.

If only everyone was as considerate as you PT.

|Is it actually true that electricity costs much less at night? I know a lot of people use that reasoning for doing the washing/drying late at night.

Then of course, theres always those times you realise you haven't washed what you need to wear tomorrow so have to wash it later on at night to get it dry for the morning.

You might live next door to me!

I have been having to do all my washing at those times this week because it is the only chance I get. I work all day and have been commuting between Sheffield and London for the last month and haven't been here on weekends. I am usually a very considerate person, but I also have to do my washing and although it can be loud it is in my own house. I would try not to do it too often, but sometimes there is no choice.

I live in a terraced house and would never use my washer after 10pm.

Later than that is just bad manners.

That excludes any kind of emergency which obviously cant be helped.

Archived