What time do you do your washing?

Just wondered what time most people do their washing?

I went to bed last night listening to the sound of my next door neighbours washer , it was after midnight, And was woken just after 6 this morning to the same sound.

I can understand it has to be done when people have the time due to work etc, etc. But surely if you're in an attached property you have to consider the noise the washer makes and how it could disturb your neighbours especially at night.

I do my washing at a reasonable hour as I know the machine can be a bit loud especially on spin.

Has consideration for others gone completely out of the window??

I generally won't do any washing after my daughters gone to bed around 7 - 8pm, but there have been odd times I've had to do a night wash, like if she's got a tummy bug :gag:

we wash at all times of day / night - if we've been out dancing then we used to go back home around 12.30/1am, shower and then put the washer on - not aware of any issues with noise - it was never mentioned by our neighbours (who I presume were asleep anyway at that time of night).

We've just bought a new washer and you can only hear it during it's spin cycle, even then, it's very muted.

I tend to do mine on Saturday mornings, I wake up at about 8am, set the machine going, and go back to bed until it's done :D

Because I have a combined lounge/kitchen, I don't do it in the evenings because it is too noisy on the spin and I can't hear the TV, and I'm not supposed to make noise after 10pm either. My neighbour's washing machine makes my floor vibrate, so I assume mine does the same to his.

I put my washer on at night and time it so that the final spin is around 7.30am. The reason being that we have economy 7 electricity and the night rate is less than half the price of the day rate. I did however make sure that I picked a washing machine that was very quiet and we can't hear it in our bedroom and it is not in a room adjoining our neighbours house.

usually Sunday morning/afternoon because I'm lazy during the week then forget all about it on saturday, so am left at the last minute on a Sunday realising I have no clothes clean for work on Monday so have the race on to get it washed and dry in half a day :D

Archived