What time do you do your washing?

Usually not before 8am and not after 8pm unless it's essential.

If I have to be out of the house before 8am and I have washing to be done I hit the delay function. I can select upto 2hrs delay.

Usually not before 8am and not after 8pm unless it's essential.

If I have to be out of the house before 8am and I have washing to be done I hit the delay function. I can select upto 2hrs delay.

I have been very happy with my sturdy old Zanussi washer -dryer, which has been better than some brand new washers I have bought over the years, but recently I have been thinking of buying one of the new washers which has this delayed start facility, so I can get the machine loaded before I go to bed, and have it set going to have the laundry done for when I get up in the morning.

Are they actually any good, or are they flimsily made, like so many of the newer models of washer/ vac/ fridge/ cooker, etc?

I've got a Zanussi, its quite old, at least 5 or 6 years now, and has delay start. Its very sturdy and I've never had a problem except a sock stuck in the drum making it bang. It has delay start of 2, 4, 6 or 8 hours x

my zanussi is older than that... it's probably 20, at a guess. I had a couple of repairs done over the past 10 years, when the dryer heater thingie blew, and would not heat up, but the chap doing the repairs said it was better than most newer models.

Unless you're going to stretch to a Miele, I'd stick with your old Zanussi PT - they just don't make them like that anymore - but the prices reflect that. Let's face it, a washing machine is now the same price as an expensive night out, when it used to be a week's wages

Archived