Platillos - Leopold Square

OK, Thanks for the advice, I certainly won't be going there in a hurry then.

Last time I went in only for a Drink the place looked dead tired and rather dirty, in fact my beer had a load of crap floating in it, and when I got home I was violently ill.

Its such a shame, its in a really great building, and when it opened it seemed to be a really nice place to go, I suppose that if they haven't invested in good staff and they haven't kept the venue in good order, then it will go downhill, the only people who will go there, is those who've not heard about how cr4ap it is.

I must say last time I went to the Curry house there I had a really crap experience too

I've heard bad things about Platillos, but the couple of times I've been to the Indian restaurant at Leopold Square it has been excellent!

• 1 month later...

I took the plunge and went there for a Meal - not with a big group, just two of us. Was actually lovely food, and good service too, plus bottles of wine were very well priced.

Perhaps they have taken note of some of the comments on here few weeks back, and made improvements

Myself & friends have been a few times to Platillos & always found the beer to be excellent with some decent 'european' beers. The food has always been enjoyable, maybe not the most exciting at times, but the food definitely doesn't have a 'chain' feel about it.

We may have been lucky by going when it's not been too busy & improvements may have been made (due to complaints by others). Maybe we need to give it a try when its on a busy evening to see whether the staff etc. crack under pressure.

But based on our current experience, I see no reason why we won't be going back for a few drinks, evening meal etc.

• 9 months later...

First timers at Platillos tonight and we loved it.

Dead laid back and friendly, food was lovely and even though we were fit to burst the different flavoured ice creams tempted us to have more.

Not a single complaint. Yum.

I wouldn't !!!

Last time I went there with a group of about 10 people and they couldn't handle it, so 20 sounds like mission imposible ! . We ordered several tapas combos and we didn't get all what we order, service was quite poor, and most of the people felt sick after the dinner.

Qualitywise was a huge disappointment, tasteless tapas.

The same happened to us a few weeks ago. Table for ten. They barely managed to get the drinks out. Some food was poor. Not enough staff on. Shame as it is a great lively venue. Two of us went a few weeks earlier and things were excellent.

I took the plunge and went there for a Meal - not with a big group, just two of us. Was actually lovely food, and good service too, plus bottles of wine were very well priced.

Perhaps they have taken note of some of the comments on here few weeks back, and made improvements

This has to be one of the most bizarre sets of posts ever, you claim never to have been to a restaurant and wanting advice, then say you had a beer there that was "full of crap" but appear to have still drunk it (and were then violently ill), you then say the place was tired and dirty but were still thinking of taking 20 people, you then do actually go for a second visit with two people and enjoy it!!!! :loopy::loopy::loopy:

Archived