Boy, 11, boards plane from UK to Rome with no passport or boarding pass

"I knew it went to the airport. I love planes because of their big wings.

"But I didn't want to get on one. I just wanted to go to the toilet."...

I wonder what was wrong with the toilets at Wythenshawe shopping centre or the numerous toilets in the visitors area of the airport?

What security did this lad breach, he did after all get screened at the security check point before been allowed to proceed to departures.

So obviously a lot of staff doing their jobs very thoroughly.

Not.

Maybe they will be brought to book by their employers?

Not.

Not.

Not.

Commercial airlines are required by law to have a list of all the people on board an aircraft.

Failing to have such a list, or having a list which is incomplete could get a company into big trouble.

Not.

Not.

**** up on a massive scale not picking him up for not having a passport or boarding pass.

But the lad was screened by security just like every other passenger that was on the flight. If he was deemed a threat he would not have been allowed to proceed from security to departures.

My friend works on airport security at Liverpool. She has the job of making sure people empty their pockets and all that stuff. If they smell, she won't touch them to do a quick search, and rather than them standing near her emptying pockets, she shoves them through to the next part. Shes got in trouble for doing it, but carries on anyway. Security can't be as tight as it should be!

But the lad was screened by security just like every other passenger that was on the flight. If he was deemed a threat he would not have been allowed to proceed from security to departures.

Nonsense. They wrongly let him through five steps of screening.

Nonsense. They wrongly let him through five steps of screening.

But only one of them is regarded as security screening and the boy was deemed safe after passing through that check point. The other checks are documentation checks but not security screening.

Yes there should have been a boarding pass check at security, but the fact still remains he was deemed to be no more of a threat to the aircraft as everyone else on the flight.

He was screened at the security check point, went through the X-ray scanner and deemed safe to proceed to departures. Does not having a boarding pass passport suddenly make you more of a threat after security have deemed you to be safe to proceed to departures, no it doesn't.

This was a not having the correct documentation to be on the flight issue, but not a security issue. Like I've said the boy got screened at the security check point just like every other passenger on the flight. If he was deemed to be a security threat he would not have been allowed to proceed to departures.

Archived