Wednesday Fan - Sammy

Originally posted by lovabulrogue

Anyone rememer him from the Kop in the 80's. I think he was Deaf and Dumb, the Kop used to sing to him. Is he still around ?

Not seen him for yonks but I've heard he's alive and well. I was at Peterborough one year and he got ejected from the ground 3 times for standing on the barrier while everyone sang to him. "I'd walk a million miles for one o' your smiles, Sammeeeee" Good old bad old days :clap:

Originally posted by lovabulrogue

Anyone rememer him from the Kop in the 80's. I think he was Deaf and Dumb, the Kop used to sing to him. Is he still around ?

I remember Sammy from the 70’s. He had polio and couldn’t speak properly. He was well known on the kop. He used to live in the Woodhouse area. He came on my mates stag night and entertained us all night until the night club where bouncers wouldn’t let him in.

When we used to sing Sammmmy on the kop, he loved the attention....Top fella.

sammy is ok ,i see him reg at hackenthorpe,and he lives around there with his family,if you want to catch him he goes and chats with the tyre guys across from the blue bell in main st hackenthorpe,oh hes still same old sammy heeeeeeee.

Remember Sammy well from the bad old days of the mid 70's when we where in the old 3rd Division - so few fans we used the Leppings Lane as the home end for a couple of seasons.

Somebody always used to get Sammy up their shoulders for him to lead the singing (or wave his scarf) and we'd all break into "I'd walk a million miles...........".

Glad to here he's about and well.

Originally posted by doddy

i rememer him he was part of the match. i watch him as much as wednesday .But havent seen him for years . Do you remember . fat sid about the same time as sammy

I personally don't remember Fat Sid, although I do know he is a legend. I think he has sadly passed away, a few years ago.

If you want to know more then read my mates book.

'Flying with the Owls Crime Squad' it's a great book, and Sid (amongst others gets a mention)

• 1 month later...
I personally don't remember Fat Sid, although I do know he is a legend. I think he has sadly passed away, a few years ago.

If you want to know more then read my mates book.

'Flying with the Owls Crime Squad' it's a great book, and Sid (amongst others gets a mention)

Sids dead? I didnt know that. He used to go to the away matches with us from the staniforth arms and the Sportsman in 70s. The last I saw of him was outside the Sportsman on worksop rd about 10-12 years back

Archived