Big perch help please?

barnie41

Hully resevoir has big perch caught several arond 3 pound mark over the years . Rivers are very unlikely to hold big perch .A big resevoir a lot better bet. Put a couple of rods out with worm on at hully and you in with a goog chance , The place is under fished no one fishes it due to bad acces and price Fish pegs 2 3 8 9 or 10 .You can get car paked near you on bridge . Think fishing ticket machine broke so no need to pay for fishing. park free near bridge near peg 1

there are some big ones in flask but difficult to locate as its vast - I reckon you will catch more pike than perch spinning.

I saw a dead perch approx 2.5lb last winter when walking dog round flask

If you travel a bit further afield - stainforth and keadby canal and messingham sands hold some massive perch. I caught the biggest perch Ive ever seen at messingham sands but had no scales - ive caught em over 2lb before and I reckon that one was over 4lb, I thought it was a carp until it popped its head up

Thanks Craigs - am going to the Flask because thats where I was taught to fish years ago (before commercials lol) and just fancy a few hrs walking round and see what happens. A mate of mine has invited me over to the Stainy Canal in the not to distant future am proper looking forward to it.

I fished bonny hale section on the stainy around 3 weeks ago in preparation for the national.

I had a good fish go for one of my roach so I swung it in quick - the big fish came to a stop at my keepnet and it was actually a big perch over 2lb - not a pike.

I caught a perch well over a pound not long after so they must shoal up together

Archived