Shimul resturant Group on..

What a rip off...

We bought a group on voucher for this resturant, offering a meal to the value of £36 for four. This cost £17, so booked for last night...

First of all one of the Chicken Tikka starters was raw, I mean really raw, a good vet would have got it back to life, this went back obviously and was replaced.

ordered some drinks (we knew we would need to pay for them) 3 diet cokes and a glass of wine. Then 2 more diet cokes

we ordered 2 nan breads and a rice. These were the only items in addition to the deal that we had paid for

so imagine my supprise to get a bill for £23.40.

when queried had a snotty bloke tell me that a 1/3rd pint glass of diet coke was £1.70, nan bread £2.50 and that a small glass of wine was £3.40.

To be fair the meal was ok other than the starter issue, but when added up would have been cheaper to go to our local indian resurant and had better food for a lot less money overall

What a rip off...

We bought a group on voucher for this resturant, offering a meal to the value of £36 for four. This cost £17, so booked for last night...

First of all one of the Chicken Tikka starters was raw, I mean really raw, a good vet would have got it back to life, this went back obviously and was replaced.

ordered some drinks (we knew we would need to pay for them) 3 diet cokes and a glass of wine. Then 2 more diet cokes

we ordered 2 nan breads and a rice. These were the only items in addition to the deal that we had paid for

so imagine my supprise to get a bill for £23.40.

when queried had a snotty bloke tell me that a 1/3rd pint glass of diet coke was £1.70, nan bread £2.50 and that a small glass of wine was £3.40.

To be fair the meal was ok other than the starter issue, but when added up would have been cheaper to go to our local indian resurant and had better food for a lot less money overall

seems about right to me

Same here really, but the few times I have been out, a glass of wine is normally about the same as a pint, which in restaurants does tend to be around the £3 mark, maybe just a bit more. Nan breads are normally about that price, poppadoms a bit cheaper, but still over priced I thought! Then if you get the pickle tray as well, the price becomes quite high!

Archived