At last, smoking is harmless!

I am, of cause, talking about the electronic cigarette, or the e-cig.

After a slight relapse into the world of cigarettes, I decided to try one. They are fantastic. I can hardly tell the difference.

The best thing is the fact that they still give off a smoke like vapour. I'm going to enjoy annoying the anti smoking brigade with my new toy.

How long do you think it will be before the tax on these e-cigs starts to increase? How long before they are banned from public houses??

They're getting banned around the world due to them being untested for medical use, and apparently being dangerous :(

Although still legal here for now, some people think its only a (short) matter of time!

There was a thread last week in Sheffield Discussions about them, which turned into a debate on their safety!

They're getting banned around the world due to them being untested for medical use, and apparently being dangerous :(

Although still legal here for now, some people think its only a (short) matter of time!

There was a thread last week in Sheffield Discussions about them, which turned into a debate on their safety!

I've heard that too.

The only reason they are getting banned is because the big pharmaceutical companies didn't think of them first. They must make billions on nicotine replacement products.

Load of rubbish, smoke on!

I've heard that too.

The only reason they are getting banned is because the big pharmaceutical companies didn't think of them first. They must make billions on nicotine replacement products.

Load of rubbish, smoke on!

Thats what i though, they'll just start getting them made 'more safely' by some pharmaceutical company, and bump the price up and include some smoking tax on them

Thats what i though, they'll just start getting them made 'more safely' by some pharmaceutical company, and bump the price up and include some smoking tax on them

I don't know how they can be made safer. I got mine from http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/ the quality is amazing, all made from stainless steel.

The big pharmaceutical companies have got so much power though. They will get what they want, eventually.

I'm going to enjoy annoying the anti smoking brigade with my new toy.

Giving up fags is good, well done. I guess you have to derive pleasure by other means..let's hope it doesn't become an addiction.

Problem with these things as that you are never getting out of the 'hand to mouth' routine of smoking. Withdrawal by the way of NRT patches or gum, I think is a better alternative.

Many pubs won't allow them as its hard to distinguish the electronic cigarette from a real cigarette at a distance ... realistically a licensee can't spend all this time watching out for which option is being used. A defence of 'I thought it was an electronic cigarette' wouldn't stand up in court!

If you're going to stop smoking, just do it, its not all that bad if you can get over the first 2wks.

The best thing is the fact that they still give off a smoke like vapour. I'm going to enjoy annoying the anti smoking brigade with my new toy.

Then you'll be wasting your time. Anti-smokers will be pleased you've made the change.

Smokers, on the other hand, perhaps not:

Third of smokers are 'saboteurs'

A third of smokers have admitted to sabotaging another person's attempt to quit, according to research.

Jealousy, guilt about their own habit and wanting a smoking "buddy" were among the reasons to wreck other people's quitting attempts.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5i0xAzluVv9ZLhp_Y5LXI9WFQE2Sw?docId=N0041371343314797978A

Which just adds more to the list of negatives about smokers!

Archived