Romney: England is just a small island that makes stuff nobody wants

Well lets hope they do get Obama again because from the looks of Romneys visit to Israel he is all but promising they will take on Iran if he is elected.

And we all know that he will want to be our friend then.

:thumbsup: he's just another very expensive patsy being put up to lose against Obama. Makes absolutely no difference anyway who the figurehead is.

Hopefully there is still enough common sense left in Israel not to attack Iran and drag everyone else into yet another needless conflict.

Well lets hope they do get Obama again because from the looks of Romneys visit to Israel he is all but promising they will take on Iran if he is elected.

And we all know that he will want to be our friend then.

I'd never heard of him till I saw him on news last night in Israel, it got me thinking what a dangerous man to have as boss. The man is an idiot & like said above blatant war mongering

Whereas Obama's record on the economy is Romney's best weapon.

Perhaps so. The US is the country producing stuff no one wants which is why US car production is dying on its feet.

Last year the UK produced roughly the same number of cars as were sold here. 80% of production going for export. Last year the US car sales were around 10 million more than total US car production with virtually zero exports and massive sales of imported vehicles.

Voicing outright support for Israel seems to be a required procedure for presidential hopefuls which is understandable considering that the Jewish-American vote is important to winning any election but in Romney's case it's a complete waste of time as they will invariably vote for Obama instead. Where it all becomes something of a farce is that afterwards the winner sooner or later tries to act as an intermediary between the Israelis and the Palestinians. I guess these candidates think that Palestinian leaders dont have access to CNN.

It's probably time that the UK , France step up to the plate and take on the role of honest brokers in settling Israeli-Palestinian issues instead.

I put down Romney's remarks about Iran to pure political rhetoric and nothing more.

Nobody ever mentioned George Bush Senior being thick ... but then, his running mate was Dan Quayle.

Quayle was Bush Snr's insurance against impeachment. Mitt Romney could get elected. Some polls over there have him ahead, others catching up. One poll shows nearly a quarter of Americans think Obama is Muslim. With that many idiots about, the USA could end up with President Romney.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/26/july-25-romney-gains-in-tracking-polls/

Perhaps so. The US is the country producing stuff no one wants which is why US car production is dying on its feet.

Last year the UK produced roughly the same number of cars as were sold here. 80% of production going for export. Last year the US car sales were around 10 million more than total US car production with virtually zero exports and massive sales of imported vehicles.

Not quite true if you're flying anywhere. I wanted to fly on that new monster, the Airbus 380 but changed my mind when it became likely that the wings might suddenly break off or the engines catching fire :hihi:

Archived